Posted November 6, 2018
Invisor is an innovative and growing financial services company that provides online investment management, insurance, and financial planning solutions to Canadians. The firm is seeking a Full Stack Developer in Oakville, Ontario.
At Invisor, we’re leveraging technology to help Canadians realize their financial dreams sooner. Our online platform, internal advisors, and the partners we enable using our technology help people identify their goals and needs, and offer innovative, accessible solutions to help them reach their goals.
Invisor is an affiliate of Industrial Alliance Insurance & Financial Services Inc. (“IA”), one of Canada’s largest non-bank wealth distribution networks. The IA Financial Group has approximately $170 billion in assets and serves the needs of four million Canadians. Our partnership with IA provides us the resources we need to recruit the best talent, develop the best technology, and offer the best advice to our target markets.
The ideal candidate has an eye for following great design & IT architecture and can work on specific projects in a fast paced, team-oriented environment. He or she can also offer up advice on development or introduce the latest and greatest in technology that would benefit the team, the company, and (most importantly!) the clients.
The PHP Developer will work closely with the management team in the development of the following key areas:
- Web application design and development
- Secure client data database
- Secure advisor portal and database
- API systems and integration with the company’s third-party providers of SaaS solutions
What we are looking for:
Someone with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related study or equivalent work experience. Additionally, someone very experienced in:
- PHP5 (Expert level)
- WordPress or other CMS development
- HTML5 and CSS3
- MySQL 8.x
- Working with AJAX calls
- Working with API integration (HTTP POST, REST, etc.)
- Thorough web development knowledge (e.g. OpenSSL, cURL, etc.)
- Strong comprehension of development and security practices
- Able to convey and understand ideas with great communication skills
Someone who ideally also has experience with:
- Responsive design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Analytics
- Mobile Design & Development
- .NET (C#)
- Working in an Agile environment – Jira or TFS
- Windows systems
- SQL Server
- Bootstrap, Flexbox
- Has experience with API based integrations.
- Is highly skilled at writing clear and concise requirements documents, writing use-cases, and documenting process flows, and who has a proven record of working well with business stakeholders
- Has preferably applied all the above skills in the financial services industry
What you are looking for:
The opportunity to apply your creative and productive energy in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
A great team of professionals with diverse backgrounds who love to share their experiences and learn new things from new people.
Competitive salary and benefits, paid vacation, flexible work arrangements, and an employee savings plan.
Contact Invisor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us more about yourself.